The last time we fit our box on the frame we noticed the wheels were way too wide and we had zero coverage which is something we needed to address. What we have done is taken the design of our #4038 rear fender flares – large and widened them another 4 inches and changed our wheel choice to something with a lot less of an offset. Changing the wheels netted us approximately 7 inches of total width overall and with the addition of the wider fender flares we now have almost 100% tire coverage.
If we were building another snow thrower, we wouldn’t have worried so much about the coverage but we also need this thing to be streetable. After we mounted the box to the frame, installed the tailgate and our custom fender flares we needed to make sure we could flex it out without the tires interfering with our box. If any modifications were to be made, now is the time because in a couple weeks it is getting powder coated.
The F-O-A coilover’s definitely kept the tires far away from the box and the fender flares. I don’t think we will have any issues tackling any terrain from the local trails to the street in any weather. As you can see we have also made pretty good progress on mounting our drive train. The 6.0ltre LQ4 and 4L80e transmission are in their final resting places. Next week we will be throwing some color on the cab and piecing it together so stay tuned.
*Disclaimer, Aqualu only builds vehicles for in house abuse, we do not offer build services.*